A few weeks ago I turned 23 and I have been reflecting a lot on my life and what I have learned. Here are a few of the lessons I have learned from my life experiences so far. Enjoy! 🙂
1. No matter how old you get, your parents will always see you as a baby and want to tell you what to do..just accept it lol
2. When you start college and think that you are so stressed out you’ll never make it and can’t wait for it to end..just wait till you graduate and are in the real world..So.much.more.stress..haha enjoy the college years!
3. This is a big one: Happiness is a choice..I had a friend who always used to tell me this and I never wanted to listen, but it is SO true. The world can come crumbling down around you, but it is up to you to find the positive and just be happy. If you choose to be unhappy you are only hurting yourself.
4. Rolling off of #3..There will always be people who hurt you. People you thought were your best friends, people who made promises to you, people who said they love you..Someone will always disappoint you and it will suck..but you WILL survive. Anyone who hurts you doesn’t deserve to be in your life anyways..don’t give them any satisfaction knowing that they have power over you.
5. Do not spend money on textbooks..ever..I had two bags of practically new books from college that I recently dug out and returned…probably $2000 worth and how much did I get back?..$84..and I don’t think I opened half of them.
6. You will always be happier if you find time to exercise!! Cute workout clothes always motivate me lol
7. Don’t feel bad if you aren’t engaged when you graduate college…You will feel like a failure and that you are behind..but there are so many benefits to having some time to get settled into the real world before getting married. Don’t rush!
8. Be aware of the loans you took out BEFORE you graduate!! It’s slightly terrifying adding them all up and realizing you will not have that much money for a long long time lol
9. Find out what makes you really happy and do it! Don’t let life get too serious that you don’t enjoy it.
10. Be spontaneous. Usually your plan for life doesn’t happen the way you thought it would..I thought I would graduate, get married, get a teaching job, have a baby..and so on. Turns out I graduated, moved home, got a temp nanny job and am moving to Thailand to teach English! Because why not?!
I’m sure there are a ton more I’ll add but that’s what I thought of for now!